Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
As a Speech Pathologist with Intermountain Healthcare,you will bejoining a team of highly skilled and compassionate caregivers committed to offering high-quality care through a team-based approach. Our rehabilitation team takes pride in its progressive work, continuously improving the patientexperience, while keeping our peers and patients informed and involved every step of the way. The team includes professionals in occupational therapy, speech pathology, physical therapy, nursing, and rehabilitation medicine.
This Speech Pathologist will join the acute care team,providingcare to adult patients at Dixie Regional Medical Center in St George, Utah. The SLP will have the opportunity to workon a variety ofunitsthroughout this level II traumacenter,including Orthopedics, Intensive Care, Neuro, Cardiac,Medical/Surgical,and others.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides clinical services, utilizing standards of care and evidence based practices, with appropriate goals, and duration and intensity of service for each patient's needs.
- Complies with department and regulatory requirements and guidelines for all types of documentation charging, and scheduling.
- Supervises and educates when asked, including colleagues, new employees and students and others in training.
- Mentors student clinician externship/affiliations/ new employee(s).
- Maintains effective and appropriate communication and relationships with other professionals, patients, families and other caregivers.
- Participates in patient care conferences when appropriate, as well as staff meetings and other meetings as required or requested by supervisor.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN. It's anticipated that this SLP will provide coverage during times of high census and when others take vacation time or sick leave. Some weekened and holiday availability is needed.
- Department: Dixie Regional Medical Center Speech Pathology
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology. Education must be obtained from an accredited program. Degree will be verified.
- Current state Speech Pathologist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic computer skills (e.g., word processing and email).
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Highly prefer candidate experienced in MBS.
- Current certificate of clinical competence.
- Clinical experience in a hospital setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Location: US-UT-St George
Activation Date: Thursday, November 14, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, January 23, 2020