Job Title: Pro Shop Attendant
Department: Sharks Ice
Reports To: Merchandise Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Directs and operates the retail merchandise and equipment service sales operations, with focus on satisfying the product/service needs of the facility's primary user groups, achieving sales goals, and growing the San Jose Sharks brand.
- Services customers' needs pertaining to Pro Shop sales, merchandising, restocking, skate sharpening, repairs and overall customer service.
- Promotes the Sharks Ice merchandising philosophy to support the product/service needs of primary user groups and margin management requirements.
- Performs daily duties including opening and closing of Pro Shop, register closeouts and reconciliations.
- Maintains cleanliness of Pro Shop at all times. Establishes and ensures adherence to cleanliness standards in sales, service and storage areas.
- Identifies customer's needs and reports those findings to Merchandise Manager.
- Continuously seeks to strengthen the visual impact and appeal of floor layout, fixturization and merchandise display vis--vis traffic flow, logical product deployment and for faster turnover items.
- Assists with receiving and tagging incoming merchandise.
- Assists with inventory procedures including periodic checks and annual reports.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to security practices and systems that minimize loss of cash and inventory shrinkage. Takes corrective action when problems are identified vis--vis customers and/or employees.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times, and ensures that all policies are properly implemented.
- Knows emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation plan.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of Sharks Ice.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Demonstrated interactive skills required for customer service duties.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and occasional lift of up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working with purchases and sales of merchandise and marketing.
- Knowledge of hockey and skating equipment is a plus.