Deadline: Open until filled
This position is responsible for the collection and handling of payment taken in the pro shop and other jobs within the area during the golf season. This position is also responsible for working in the cross country ski shop during the winter season.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum of 16 years of age with good knowledge of the game of golf. Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collect money from golfers for all items purchased in the pro shop.
- Handle incoming calls in a polite and respectful manner.
- Schedule tee times over the phone and in person.
- Assist in opening and closing the facility.
- Maintain a secure and organized work area.
- Assist with pro shop sales.
- Make sure all supplies are stocked and available for staff and golfers.
- Assist with inventory counting and stocking.
- Keep the cross country ski room neat and organized.
- Assist cross country skiers with equipment during ski season.
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District and Arrowhead policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun, commitment, adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a daily basis.
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Attend in-service trainings as required.
- Fill in for starters, rangers, and golf cart attendants if needed.
- Assist with emergency evacuation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Wear appropriate uniform.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must be able to: work long hours and remain in a stationary position at the pro shop counter for long periods of time; occasionally move items weighing up to 25 lbs.; rarely position one’s self to reach items in the pro shop for stocking and inventory; drive a golf cart safely on rough ground; and continually alert for golf balls in the air.
Must be able to: frequently work in an office type of environment and rarely exposed to all weather conditions, stinging insects, biting bugs, chemicals, pesticides, and move on slippery surfaces. May also be exposed to cold temperatures during ski season.
20 to 25 per week
$10.00 per hour
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V