- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques in the design and operation of automated process control systems and their components. Perform design and maintenance functions on all software and hardware for digital control, PLC and data acquisition systems. Troubleshoot control system failures and make necessary repairs. Make systems modifications to correct errors and optimize system performance. Configuration of DCS applications such as motor starts, PID control loops, ladder logic control, etc.
- Install operating system software upgrades and program fixes; install, configure and maintain servers and process control work stations; troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software and communications problems; performs database administration functions for both real-time and historical databases; maintains interfaces with field devices.
- These control systems consist of Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers, Delta V Distributed Control System, and Pi Historian. Also in use is a network system.
- In addition, responsible for originating, engineering, specifying, and procuring material for new control equipment installations and existing control system upgrades and additions.
- Work closely with management, instrumentation technicians, electricians, environmental reporting, production personnel and mechanical maintenance disciplines.
- Participates in the development of systems documentation; trains operations and maintenance staff on how to use tools and applications developed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- The Process Control staff provides seven-day a week coverage, 24 hours per day, which requires a rotation of weekend coverage and after hour coverage (on-call) approximately once every three weeks. At times significant overtime work is required.
- Instrumentation or Electrician Technician degree with at least five years of experience in an industrial setting. In addition, they must demonstrate an aptitude for understanding and manipulating digital control systems and computer based data management systems.
- Must have significant knowledge of industrial control systems and OSHA & MSHA standards.
- Must have at least 1 year process control experience in an industrial plant and understand the potash refining process.
- Strong familiarity with Office 2000.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions. Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- DCS experience (design, programming, and troubleshooting) with emphasis on Delta V systems.
- Knowledge in interfaces and protocols (Device Net, Ethernet) a plus.
- Basic understanding of data management systems.
- Understanding of field instrumentation.
- Understanding of OPC protocol.
- PLC programming.
- Safety conscious, self-motivated, proficient communication skills, long-term career growth, exceptional work ethic.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment and post-employment substance abuse testing.