Req. ID: 202207
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Process Development Engineers in Micron’s Technology Development group (Fab 4) specialize in Metrology. We are responsible for developing new metrology applications and recipes, analyzing the results from measurements, and implementing groundbreaking solutions into our R&D pilot line manufacturing environment! The position will be focused on 1 of 4 subject areas within the metrology group; Optical Thin Films, Scatterometry/OCD, Overlay/Registration, or CDSEM.
In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Driving the understanding of new metrology technology and measurement techniques to ensure that our measurement capabilities meet the technical device roadmaps
- Partnering with metrology equipment vendors on continuous improvement of software/hardware and development of new measurement techniques
- Optimizing and maintaining the calibration of metrology systems
- Working closely with process development and process integration engineers to optimize measurements for multiple device process flows and layer stacks
- Developing applications on next generation processes and technologies within Fab 4 and qualification for technology transfers to production fabs
- Evaluations new and innovative metrology tools to determine the lowest Cost of ownership solutions with the highest accuracy and precision for deployment in R&D and global manufacturing
- Crafting and optimizing the layout of metrology targets to improve measurement quality
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- 2 years in industry metrology experience working with optical thin Films, scatterometry/OCD, overlay/registration, or CDSEM
- Process and equipment related experience in instrumentation and calibration procedures
- Strong understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes (diffusion, CVD, Etch, Lithography) and device process flows (NAND, DRAM)
- Excellent digital literacy including MS Office and JMP
- Strong data analysis skills and a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work as individual contributor on projects or in collaboration with a team
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related field or BS + 5 years of proven ability in the semiconductor field
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Technology Development || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-JF1 || Tier 4 ||