CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
The Process Engineer is responsible to ensure that the plants are operating at their optimum efficiency and that improvement or modification projects are implemented where warranted and in accordance with good engineering practices. The role will provide technical support and service to operations as directed. Additionally, this position will collaborate with other engineers throughout CF Industries to share best practices and execute a world class engineering program at the Verdigris Complex.
- Ensures the process is operated in a safe and environmentally compliant manner and endeavors to enhance and protect the safety of plant employees.
- Provides a good knowledge and understanding of the operating principles and procedures for various process equipment and the effects of process parameters on production. Identifies sources of plant issues and recommends solutions to maintain safe operations; Supports operations personnel in areas requiring technical assistance.
- Monitors key operating parameters to identify trends and recommend changes. Examples include turbine and compressor efficiencies, cooling water surveys, catalyst surveys, DCS trends, and laboratory results.
- Provides a working knowledge of the maintenance activities in order to determine what can be done while on-stream and what must be deferred to a shutdown period.
- Provides detailed engineering support to monitor and progress the Management of Change process. Assists in training operations personnel on process changes.
- Coordination of all assigned Process Safety Management activities such as a) assisting in the development and organization of Process Safety Information, b) participating in Process Hazard Analyses and LOPA studies, c) participating in incident investigations, d) developing and maintaining Standard Operating Conditions and Limits, e) providing resolution to recommendations.
- Actively participates in turnaround and/or plant shutdown activities, including planning, implementation and verification stages.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF)and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the“Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.