We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join our team of professionals in providing quality products to our customers. This position will perform engineering functions that ensure our products meet our customer’s individual product standards and specifications. The successful candidate will be tasked with improving process efficiency and reducing costs while increasing quality and repeatability. Cutting edge technologies will need to be improved to further our competitive advantage and meet our profitability goals. The manufacturing process engineer will also be pivotal in impacting future equipment, tooling and fixture designs along with cell layouts and product flow. The Bullen engineering team designs, builds and implements processes that are found nowhere else in the world. Come and join this exciting team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates existing manufacturing methods and sequences and recommends/implements improvements/changes that increase efficiency, reduce cost, scrap and waste, etc.
- Standardize different operations to improve process consistency and to prevent different errors. Use the industrial engineering principle to do time study, root cause analysis and streamline the process flow.
- Ensures process control, repeatability, and stability through SPC, engineering controls, control charts and other effective process management methods. Use metrology tools to measure global, local and microscopic tolerances and compare it to requirements.
- Prepares process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Document the project progress and finding both in slides and document form. Present the work to wide range of audience and be able to explain the engineering principles involved.