You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, developing and deploying best in class extrusion platforms and processes for an individual plant. This will include working with vendors, plant staff and other engineering team members to identify next generation extrusion platforms and processes as well as productivity opportunities across all facets of the extrusion manufacturing process from raw material handling through the conversion process to product packaging. A strong understating of the plastic extrusion process and equipment is key. This position supplies direct project management as well as leadership and mentoring for engineering team members and operations personnel. You will be expected to keep the safety of yourself and others as the highest priority in all activities.
Extrusion Project Management
- Utilizes proven project management methods and skills to plan and execute a full range of project sizes and scopes.
- Manages projects and motivates team members to execute projects on time within budget supplying a quality end product for operations.
- Has strong communication skills and supplies clear and concise written and verbal updates at appropriate intervals.
- Has knowledge of plant systems and is capable of troubleshooting problems and making recommendations for repair or upgrades for existing extrusion lines as well as new system installations.
- Works well with all levels of the organization from operations technical staff through upper management.
- In partnership with the business, conducts ongoing assessment of extrusion platforms and systems equipment to identify those that bring productivity and value to Sonoco.
- In conjunction with Sonoco procurement builds strong vendor relations identifying and leveraging vendor technologies and value for Sonoco.
- Role model for the Sonoco technical organization.
- Contributes to an environment which motivates and engages talent in the engineering organization to achieve desired results.
- Fosters a positive work environment through open communications and an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Provides leadership by example of good work ethics, sound judgement and positive results as well as how to learn from failures.
This position is located in Union, South Carolina
- BS degree in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in extrusion processing and equipment selection and related activities
- Experience in sheet extrusion technology/processes.
- Experience in PET a plus.
- Intimately familiar with the implementation of extrusion processes, equipment and systems
- Proven track record in project management, team building and execution
This is a progression position and could be a level I, II or III. Compensation and progression level will be based on candidate’s experience and education, and current business needs.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonocolife!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.