Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 123405
Process Engineer III
Location: United States : Lafayette, IN
Career Level: Experienced professionals (2-5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: Health Care
What we offer
Do you want to collaborate on exciting and challenging topics with a respected team of dedicated innovators? Our work is exciting and creative. We offer a collaborative culture with top-notch colleagues to fully support your transition to your team. We appreciate & reward your hard work, perseverance, and learning orientation. Who you are matters here. You can explore new ways of thinking and develop fully as a professional while mentoring and coaching staff. We treat each other with dignity and respect; appreciate differences; and view diversity as one of our greatest assets. We observe human rights not only within our company, but also expect it from our suppliers and customers.
In 2009, the German Hertie Foundation identified Evonik Industries AG as a family-friendly employer. We promote work-life balance and are committed to providing a workplace that adapts to the needs of people from all walks of life.
What's it really like to work for Evonik? Click here to meet our team.
Apply process engineering knowledge and skills to support the synthesis of starting materials, pharmaceutical intermediates, and final bulk products in a safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible manner. Specifically, the process engineer is responsible for demonstrating process understanding, monitoring, and managing process performance.
- Provide process engineering support for established processes. Analyze data and initiate continuous improvement.
- Design, implement, and support new process introductions, scale-ups, and process modifications.
- Manaage ESHS, quality, cycle time, and equipment availability requirements.
- Work closely with customers and project teams.
- Undersand site capacity constraints and identify projects to streamline & remove bottlenecks to increase productivity.
- Provide recommendations regarding near and long-term capital planning to support equipment reliability and/or industry competitiveness.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineer, related engineering, or chemistry discipline required.
- 5 years of prior chemical or pharmaceutical engineering manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in 1+ production facility/scale and technology platform.
- Skills in overcoming challenges and identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Technical knowledge and practical experience in solving process engineering issues.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical problemsolving abilities.
- Ability to influence groups without having supervisory responsibility.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to apply fundamental engineering and business principles.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 123405
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.