Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials for the electronics, aeronautical and medical industries. Our superior products help our customers introduce new cutting-edge technologies that make our lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of all our products including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientist, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of our customer's semiconductor needs ranging from computer chips to supporting artificial intelligence. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation's family of companies our motto is "We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work".
The Process Engineer- Machining supports manufacturing with review of non-conforming product, problem solving, and continuous improvement. The Process Engineer also supports new product development, providing process expertise during initial development stages and process scale-up during manufacturing launch.
This position has lead process engineering responsibility for CNC machining in designated areas, with scope including shop floor support, root cause investigation, cycle time reduction, new tool evaluation, automation, and other continuous improvement initiatives. This position also supports grit blast and arc spraying operations, part polishing/finishing, and shipment preparation. Demonstrated capabilities in lean methods, CAD/CAM software, and GD&T knowledge are desired.
The Machining Process Engineer reports to the Value Stream Process Engineering Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide shop floor engineering support for problem-solving and continuous improvement in areas of responsibility.
- Monitor key process variables using SPC to identify and address issues and improvement opportunities.
- Support quality program requirements and initiatives as needed (QS9000, ISO 9001, Lean, 8D, etc.).
- Provide support during incident investigations, and advise on corrective actions.
- Work in cross functional team to achieve strategic objectives as assigned.
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategies and projects for continuous process improvement.
- Support and offer advice to machinist and machine operators with tool and product knowledge.
- Employ disciplined problem-solving methods as directed by the engineering group.
- Develop and maintain process documentation, including PFD's, PFMEA's, and PCP's.
- Resolve issues and provide support for any issues on the production floor in respected areas.
- Identify and qualify new equipment and subcontractors for production use.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing procedures, work instructions, and job instructions to support manufacturing processes; assist in training of new and modified documents.
- Assist in the identification, testing, and qualification of new tooling and manufacturing processes.
- Participate in scrap and waste reduction activities.
- BS or MS in Material Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical program.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Experience with machining processes.
- Experience with CNC programming.
- Experience with robotics, automation, and PLC programming.
- Computer literacy required.
- Expertise in Statistical Process Control methods, PFMEA, and Process Control Plans
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new processes.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Tosoh SMD Inc. (Grove City, OH) employees enjoy a lucrative benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, various savings plans, extensive vacation pay, retirement package, competitive salary, bonuses, and an amazing work-life balance
TSMD is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability.
Visit us at Tosoh SMD Inc