Multi Site Visibility! Engineering Capital Improvements! Stable Manufacturing Business! Join a World Class Engineering Team!
The Richmond Group Manufacturing Practice is recruiting for a PROCESS ENGINEER to join an industrial manufacturing client who is a seeking a creative and experienced engineering talent to join their engineering team. This is an engineering role that will develop and run capital impovements ($50k - $5MM) as well as develop and lead process improvements using lean or other methods to overhaul their operations.
Our client is looking for you to take charge and put energy and creative thinking into the role to solve problems and drive positive change. Many engineers who join this company and have success are promoted through the organization to run larger projects and manage operations.
Responsibilities of the Process Engineer:
- Learn their manufacturing processes and become a go-to expert to support multiple plants. Help others solve problems and advise site leadership on how to improve operations.
- Facilitate Allen Bradley PLC equipment installations
- Support a diverse range of manufacturing and production improvement projects. Develop, implement, and train on process improvements and standards using Lean and/or Six Sigma methods
- You may be called on to run small capital projects, provide engineering support to the entire operations, support a range of plant equipment, material handling machinery and electrical components, and supervise outside contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering are acceptable)
- Manufacturing industry experience including success driving mechanical process improvements for material handling machinery and extrusion processes.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs a big plus
- Lean or Six Sigma training is ideal
- Analytical, natural problem solver, well organized and possess strong leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze and process key production and equipment data to map out processes.
- Willing to travel 50%
If you are interested in this or future opportunities in your area, please apply with a WORD or PDF version of your resume. We will contact you when opportunities arise that match your geography and experience. All inquiries are kept confidential and your information will not be shared with other employers without your approval.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.