The Process Engineering position uses engineering principles, data analysis, and problem solving to troubleshoot production issues and drive continuous improvement. This can be done through taking a big picture view while getting hands-on with the operation. This position will have responsibility for assisting production supervisors in the production of Potash from the harvesting of solar ponds to the creation of final product. Based in Wendover, UT, this position will also have responsibility for gaining knowledge to effectively support our operations in Moab, UT.
- Daily production support and technical assistance for immediate process and product problems.
- Identify and implement process improvements leading to process loss reduction and process uptime improvements.
- Maintain and develop process documentation.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Block Flow Diagrams (BFD) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD).
- Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
- Material and energy balances
- Backup for on-site lab, Process and Ponds Supervisors.
- Process engineering calculations.
- Management of capital projects and status reports.
- Assist and lead in the identification and resolution of product quality issues.
- Intrepid looks for individuals who are willing to wear many hats and take on additional responsibility when needed, the list above does not represent all that this individual may be responsible for when performing the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BS in a related Engineering or Sciences degree program with at least 5 years of related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safety conscious, promotes safety awareness
- Proficient computer skills (typing, Work, Excel, Outlook, Mincom Ellipse, , Business Objects, Projects)
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Good Technical Writing skills
- Read and understand Technical Manuals and prints
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Because Intrepid Potash recognizes that its employees are its most valuable asset, we offer one of the most comprehensive benefits packages available. We provide medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, and paid time off. Some of our more unique benefits include paid time off for community service, flexible work schedules (where applicable), gym facilities or membership reimbursement, and a casual dress code.
Intrepid is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.