The Defense Fabric Discovery Center is seeking a process engineer to support the development of the functional fiber enterprise at our customer’s facility. This individual will work with multidisciplinary teams spanning projects covering diverse topics, including environmental sensing, communications, and physiological status monitoring. All of these projects rely on advanced fiber technology currently being developed. The process engineer will be helping to transition basic research discoveries in multi-material fiber processing into scalable, high-yield, highly-reliable, and highly-reproducible fiber products that could be integrated into fielded systems in partnership with the Systems division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Help develop reliable and reproducible fiber draw processes for new performance and fiber architectures
• Help develop fiber reliability assessment methods
• Work with multiple project teams to ensure fiber devices are being produced that meet project goals
• Fiber property assessment / characterization / manufacturing data reporting
• Help build and maintain an inventory system of fiber devices
• Help maintain and manage the fiber draw facility & day-to-day operations
• Help build and implement systems for tracking draw data, yields, etc.
• Help build visualization tools and reports on DFDC fiber production processes
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• BS plus 1-year minimum experience
• Must be an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starter, able to work collaboratively to achieve program requirements.
• Must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations.
• Must have experience with preform to fiber drawing process development
• Active Secret Clearance
• The ideal candidate will be a process engineer that enjoys working in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, likes to manage multiple priorities, and be able to adjust course quickly when needed based on new inputs.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.