Process Engineering Lead
We are currently recruiting for a Process Engineering Lead to join the Benchmade Knife Company team. The primary role of the Process Engineering Lead is to ensure the most efficient work steps are being taken to achieve: safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery and cost effective production of our products. Their effort to produce this standard work is focused on personal performance, identifying and solving both logistical manufacturing problems that occur in their respective work centers with staff, materials and equipment.
This person is responsible for working with operators and supporting departments to solve problems that allow for continuous improvement in safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery and cost effective production of our products.
- Monitor Area Output to desired goals and Metrics (Safety, Quality, Productivity, Delivery and Cost)
- Maintains process control charts and alerts necessary personnel when process issues arise.
- Serves as primary problem solver to resolve issues and restore process control.
- Responsible for the process control and sustainability within respective work centers.
- Responsible for all R&D and Pilot jobs in area, ensuring full process documentation, production run-times, and any production issues are fed back to Manufacturing and Design Engineering. Upon completion, the process should be able to be run by all operators within the area (i.e. standard production)
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to resolve any manufacturing issues
- Review current processes and drive continuous improvement through such activities as set-up reduction, speeds/feeds modifications, and tooling improvements
- Serve as primary trainer within the area
- Leads 6S activities within the area, ensuring organization and cleanliness standards meet or exceed standards and drives expectations to operators within area.
- Reviews new PCI’s for any issues
- Assist the operators with problems as they occur utilizing root cause analysis methodologies (Toyota Kata, Systematic Problem Solving, PDCA)
- Familiar with all work centers to give effective advice
- Responsible for training in all respective work centers
- Follow and enforce all company safety standards/practices
- Assure that equipment is adequately maintained and safely operated
- Support all continuous improvement related activities / projects in all areas
- Balance the work flow to ensure the best and safe use of capacity and staff
- Aid in management of consumables
- Flexible and resourceful, capable of identifying and implementing actions in timely manner while understanding all associated risks involved.
- Supervision responsibilities include interaction with the operators, annual and semiannual reviews, training, etc.
- Support manufacturing process variation reduction and internal quality systems through use of quality tools and techniques to drive process and product improvements.
- Manage small to medium scale projects related to the production environment.
- Coordinate Training of personnel on technical aspects of the job.
- Demonstrates leadership role in sharing knowledge with shop personnel.
- Facilitates the daily work assignments for operators to ensure production requirements meet performance targets for safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost.
- Coach team members to maximize their productivity
- May participate in the interview/hiring process, as well as in disciplinary action and reviews
- 3-5 years of experience setup operator CNC type machines a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- Ability to provide positive constructive feedback both within and between departments
- Detailed machine understanding with ability to conduct maintenance and machine troubleshooting and repair
- Experience with CNC precision grinding equipment a plus
- Experience in edged product manufacturing a plus
- Knowledge of CNC programming (G-code) a plus
- Basic knowledge of CAD/CAM software a plus
- Strong blueprint reading and GD&T understanding
- Strong ability to prioritize and adjust based on organizational needs.
- Understanding of SPC and Process Control Charts
- Proven problem solving skills of complex issues.
- Proven ability to collect and analyze root cause data and drive to a closed corrective action.
- Capable of providing timely and meaningful training to develop skills of other employees
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and team skills
- Sound decision making and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of product quality standards & requirements.
- Basic MS Office computer skills.
- Technical support experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in and leading initiatives within a “Lean” environment
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Benchmade offer our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
- Medical including Prescriptions and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Outstanding employee discounts on Benchmade products and other partner companies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Most importantly, Benchmade provides a fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, complete an application today. Please include a resume and cover letter with your online application.
Benchmade Knife Company values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act