The Process Engineering Manager will lead a team of 10-15 Process Engineers to provide technology ownership and process engineering oversight for a range of capital projects and process optimization. The Process Engineering Group is part of the Corporate Technology group for company and is engaged in projects and programs for all manufacturing sites.
- Execute full administrative responsibilities for a team of 10-15 Process Engineers.
- Ensure alignment with established project work processes & deliverables.
- Prioritize project portfolio according to business and strategic drivers.
- Coordinate staffing of the process engineering function for strategic, plant support and process improvement projects.
- Coordinate with Production Managers and Technical Manager to ensure proper prioritization and technical oversight for plant issues.
- Coordinate with process engineers to track and report progress during FEL-0-3. Issue regular progress reports for all active projects.
- Drive project work, process training, discipline, and quality, leveraging Sr Process Engineering resources as appropriate, ensuring projects are compliant with company standards including the safety and operability of the new and modified assets.
- Drive knowledge and skill development of the process engineering team.
- Deliver process engineering capability for success: identify & resource contract support (e.g. specialty needs, software, hardware, etc…).
- Serve as primary contract manager for company's ASPEN Suite of software products
- Drive the development of the company culture in the engineering environment, lead by example, serve as a role model in the application of company Values.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years experience in Chemical Industry in process engineering, process operations, process development and/or project engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supervision of technical or operating staff.
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Practical experience in an operating chemical plant.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of programs or projects.
- Command of general chemical engineering principles and calculations.
- Experience with Aspen+ or related process simulation tools..
- Knowledge of Process Safety design concepts and documentation requirements.
- Direct experience in project work processes, such as FEED and/or FEL.
- Critical thinking, resourceful, results driven.
- General business acumen with experience in cost control and budget execution.
- Understands and adheres to all policies, procedures, and guidelines pertaining to safety, health and environmental emphasizing this perspective in their own work and in the work of others.
- Strives to continuously improve and apply personal knowledge and skills to effectively perform role.
- Use fact based, structured decision making process to initiate and support appropriate actions.
- Effectively exchange information, instructions and ideas within own work group and with other cross-functional groups including frequent interactions with Research and Development, Capital and Production groups.
- Team player, works effectively within and across group(s) and understands each member's role and responsibilities.
- High degree of initiative, determination, and creativity.