Job Title: Process Engineering Manager
Location: near NYC – Long Island, NY
Degree: Bachelors – in an Engineering discipline and 7+ years’ experience
Benefits: Outstanding benefits! Rich 401k, full re-location, and more!
About our Client:
Our client, a $7 billion leading manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products - also providing products which include engineered materials, nonwoven specialty materials and consumer packaging. With 120+ manufacturing facilities worldwide, employing over 20,000+ individuals, our client continues to globally expand its footprint.
Due to advancement, our client is seeking a Process Engineering Manager to provide leadership and direction to Process Engineers and Process Technicians to ensure that products are manufactured efficiently and cost effectively.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineering Manager to establish themselves with a worldwide leader with absolute opportunities for growth!
- Lead team to achieve process control and continuous improvement.
- Work with engineering and maintenance to justify and implement capital projects.
- Support quality in the root cause analysis of complaints and other quality related items.
- Lead the development of visual good run settings, continuous improvement project (CIP) activities.
- Provide input on CIP projects for annual capital budget.
- Identify and drive cost reductions related to utilities and efficiency improvements.
- Develop personnel through coaching and training
- Lead cross qualification projects and manage asset load balancing among assigned sites.
- Lead the process to develop and implement systems that allow efficient process control and process change
- Develop a long-term process direction that will ensure process control and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering Discipline.
- 7+ years in Process Engineering in a related industry (process) environment.
- Strong leadership, people and communications skills, with advanced problem-solving skills.
- In-depth experience and understanding of process systems, metrics, CIP and SPC.
- Six Sigma training preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet timelines.
- Ability to travel between NY and NJ facilities, up to 40% travel.
About The River Group
- Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
- After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers, and managing the negotiations.