As a Process Engineering Manager, you will design methods for maintaining or increasing process efficiencies while improving production costs, yields, quality and safety. Provide expertise and guidance to install equipment or modifications and lead projects in support of expansion or improvement plans. Provide professional project management, scopes of work and cost estimates with estimated timelines for implementation. You will also engineer, design and specify equipment systems to meet technical service needs for improved final product, productivity or cost reductions with input from stakeholders.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Use team management skills to lead the design group during the conceptual phase of project development
- Assess vendors for competence, capabilities, resources, and financial status. Review and negotiate bid documents
- Prepare conceptual engineering designs and floor plans for process equipment
- Work with design group to modify plans as appropriate if problems arise
- Troubleshoot process problems and identify solutions which reduce downtime and conserve costs
- Determine the layout of piping, equipment and utilities for engineering changes
- Research engineering topics, prepare studies and conduct trials with productions (participation is a must)
- Assist with transitioning capital projects to the production plant team
- Develop & Maintain documentation in support of process changes (Process Description, Scope, Process Drawings, etc.)
- Solicit and critique proposed process improvements, submittals and designs
- Review pertinent agency regulations; advise operations, maintenance and project managers accordingly
- Maintain documentation library (drawings, manuals, standards, etc.)
- Must have the ability and experience to be able to train\coach multiple process engineers and other positions within the engineering field
- Perform other exciting opportunities as assigned
- Follow Chobani safety and GMP procedures and practices
The requirements of this position include:
- BS in Engineering (preferably chemical or mechanical) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of applicable engineering experience
- Experience in Dairy (preferred) and\or experience in Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Chemical
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both in oral and written form
- Experience creating and drafting technical documents and reports
- Ability to perform and interpret advanced mathematical concepts such as calculus, linear algebra, and logarithms
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, computer aided design (CAD preferred but not required), etc.
- Need to be open minded and willing to adapt to modern technologies and processes
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last three years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.