Location: Niles, MI Department: Production
Employees Supervised: Process Technician(s)
- Adherence to the NSG/Pilkington Standards of Business Conduct and its’ Values and Principles.
- Participate in various training and workshops to expand the engineering skill set.
- Together with the team and Team Leader defines problems relating to product/process systems and implement improvement programs to eliminate problems. Serves as part of the team and provides support the team(s) as required.
- Instigates studies and actions to overcome quality, processing, and safety problems to reduce waste and improve team performance.
- With team members, monitors process performance in order to identify areas for improvement, coordinating corrective actions.
- Train team members in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), problem solving, CI techniques (Ex: 5S, TPM, SMED) and ensure regular audits for the maintenance of such procedures.
- Full participation in the New Model Introduction process by the development of new products or processes and systems.
- Contribute to research and development projects to meet future demands when necessary.
- Assist in the commissioning equipment and other systems to ensure that introduction into the production facility is efficient with minimal disruption.
- Coordinates testing of new materials before the introduction into the production facility.
- Set up systems, process capability measurement, and training team members in statistical process control (SPC), in order that internal/external customer needs are met.
- Guarantee that process standards correspond to the company’s objectives, costs, and supplies in order to meet the needs of the customer.
- Will own the containment and corrective action for all product CARs and serve as a “primary” contact for all customer-site ambassadors. This will also require travel to customer locations.
- Develop and maintain process documentation; i.e. Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, and related Work Instructions or SOP.
- Provide actions to support site SIP (Safety Improvement Plan) as a part of the PRISM III Program.
- Evaluate Workcell set up, Equipment, and Operating Procedure for ergonomic impacts and provide actions for ergonomic improvements.
- Works in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- May be required to assist in training.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or other technically related fields plus two (2) years relevant experience or Associates degree with minimum four (4) years relevant experience.
Aptitude to achieve proficiency in all aspects of processing technology.
Must be able to coach and instruct operators and process technicians.
Knowledge of and ability to use customer and supplier prints, SPC, pressure gauges, and monitoring devices.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrate leadership ability and the ability to work within a team.
Must be proficient in the use of business software such as Excel, Word, and MS-Outlook.Must have a demonstrated ability to apply inferential and deductive reasonsing.
Plastics Engineering Degree; Manufacturing Engineering Degree; Industrial Engineering Degree;
Two years technical support experience in injection molding processes (Ex: Mold Tech; Process Tech; Senior Process Tech
Two years automotive manufacturing experience
Automation Training/Experience (ABB, Fanuc Robiotics)
Six-Sigma Certification (Greenbelt or Black Belt)
Training and experience in disciplined problem solving techniques (Ex: 5-Why; 8-D; DMEAC)
Click Here To Apply