Clean Harbors Chicago, IL, an environmentally friendly solvent recycler, is looking to add several Process Operators to their team! These team members are responsible for completing all assigned tasks such as distillation, filtration, and blending within units at the facility.
Entry level position that requires NO TRAVEL! We are looking for dedicated individuals with a flexible schedule to work day and night shift.
This is a unique opportunity to learn interesting Chemical Processes – company provided training!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with overtime opportunities;
- Earn $0.75/hour shift differential when on night shift!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Offloads inbound tankers, monitors the assigned equipment;
- Completes daily checks and hourly readings on the distillation units to ensure proper operation;
- Ensures all assigned units have their daily maintenance duties performed and communicates any problems or issues immediately;
- Performs all required QA/QC tasks related to the distillation process as well as other assigned units;
- Maintains accurate logs and run sheets;
- Takes unit and tank readings throughout the facility;
- Completes hands-on drum pumping and drum filling duties as needed;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years’ facility operating preferred, willing to train;
- Ability to work weekends, day and night shift, and on call as needed;
- Process Operations/Chemical knowledge is an asset but not required;
- Forklift operating experience is an asset but not required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.