My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Process Scientist for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Fremont, CA. Details for the position are as follows:
- The role will function within the Protein Science group alongside a team of other scientists, engineers, post-doctoral students, and interns with a wide spectrum of skill sets. The scientist is expected to independently perform routine scientific work and novel technology development.
- Exploration of novel, cutting-edge technology for the innovation of monoclonal antibody purification development at both bench and pilot scales, including new technology evaluation, high throughput screening, and column capacity studies.
- This exploration will include participation in intensified purification processes including, traditional and membrane-based chromatography and tangential flow filtration.
- The position will call for familiarity with equipment capable of determining in-process performance parameters for purification. Such equipment will include AKTA FPLCs (AVANT, Explorer, Pilot), Unicorn software, turbidity meters, pH and conductivity probes, and UV meters.
- Downstream purification process troubleshooting through both literature-based research and hands-on bench work to better understand current process shortcomings and sensitivities. This will require thorough knowledge of protein biochemistry and experience with in-depth literature review, TFF (as above), and affinity coupling and purification.
- The position will interface with cell culture personnel and analytical scientists to receive/provide samples, descriptions, and analyses. The position will be a fully integrated member of the scientific team, attending the core scientific team meetings. Growth in the scientific area of the job is expected and encouraged.
- Previous experience with or in-depth practical knowledge of downstream purification of mAbs highly desired
- Strong protein biochemistry and/or engineering skills ideally including experience
- Experience with or strong theoretical understanding of downstream processing techniques such as chromatography, filtration, UFDF
- Experience with CHO cells is a plus
- Experience with TECAN liquid handlers is a plus
- BS in related major and 2-3+ years of relevant experience; MS in related major and 1+ years of relevant experience; PhD in related major and 0-1 years of relevant experience