Our Processing Operator based out of Tacoma, Washington is a full time permanent position that will oversee the offloading and consolidating of inbound waste and product, as well as, cleaning of drums and general maintenance. This position offers day shift role with compressed work week (4 x 10 hour shifts).
Why work for Emerald Services?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Compressed work week;
- Competitive hourly wages with opportunity for overtime;
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training;
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion;
- Comprehensive health benefits available after 30 days of employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operating equipment;
- Load and unload trucks and railcars;
- Conduct equipment inspections;
- Observe and take logs on gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is in proper working condition;
- Receiving and Process of containerized waste and products;
- Sample inbound waste for processing;
- Maintain general housekeeping standards;
- Maintain log books and computer records;
- Use computer systems for data entry and training;
- Operate various equipment including forklift and other specialty units;
- Maintain environmental compliance and ensure plant adheres to safety and environmental regulations.
What does it take to work for Emerald Services?
- Previous manual labor experience required, ability to perform manual labor tasks including: heavy lifting, loading and offloading, etc.
- Hazwoper certification preferred, willing to train;
- Previous forklift experience an asset, license is a plus;
- Ability to work in outdoor environments;
- Proficiency with Microsoft based applications or previous computer knowledge an asset.
Emerald, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clean Harbors, is the leading marine and industrial tank cleaning company and a major recycler of oil and wastewater in the Pacific Northwest. We are a full service environmental partner for automotive, commercial and industrial services that responsibly divert and renew the planet’s waste stream through industrial cleaning and spill response, solvent recycling and disposal, and lastly, used oil collection and repurposing .
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.