The Procure to Pay Specialist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day responsibilities related to the timely and accurate processing and payment of all BPHC vendor invoices. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Review all invoices for accuracy. Make sure manual invoices are calculated correctly, no sales tax is being paid and that invoices are paid at proper time. Review invoices and requisitions prior to payment.
* Enter or upload vendor invoice information received in various formats.
* Prepare weekly pre-Check and pre-EFT reports, review for inconsistencies and errors, resolve problems, submit payment reports for approval to the CFO and Director of Administration & Finance. Process vendor payments. Resolve returned EFT payments and Check payments.
* Maintain and process vendor transactions; review vendor files for previous payments and updated to vendor information
* Make recommendations to; streamline work processes, replace outdated or obsolete forms, improve communication with vendors and provide customer service to vendors and BPHC staff.
* Ensure all transactions are in compliant with BPHC procure to pay policies.
* Make recommendations for improvements and enhancements to the ReQlogic requisitioning system and GP2018 A/P module.
* Serve as a knowledgeable resource to bureaus, programs/departments for all Procure-to-Pay responsibilities.
* Provide training to staff as needed
* Assist in preparation and maintenance of data collection for accurate and timely reporting
* Review invoice approval routing for accuracy.
* Establish strong working relationship with vendors; respond to and resolve vendor inquiries as necessary.
* Track problem invoices. Resolve discrepancies with vendors. Delegate resolution to Bureaus and Departments and Programs when necessary.
* Produce and analyze A/P aging and A/P historical reports monthly.
* Oversee annual 1099 and 1096 reporting.
* Monitor and research outstanding checks for unclaimed property. Remit amount due to the Commonwealth of MA
* Participate and engage in Procure to Pay team and BPHC activities and initiatives
* Collaborate with other Finance Department team members to support overall department goals and objectives.
* Work in a confidential capacity with the Procure to Pay Director Operates independently. Uses independent judgment and discretion to make decisions affecting the department
* Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree and 3 years of fiscal experience OR at least 6 years of fiscal related experience in lieu of degree.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Experience with either Great Plains 2018 or ReQlogic requisitioning software preferred
Excellent verbal and communication skills
Ability to solve problems. think logically, take initiative and pay attention to detail
Able to organize complex and diverse information
Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Excellent quantitative skills, including ability to analyze data
Must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively as an individual or as a member of a team
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled