Essential Position Duties:
* Formulate and implement sourcing strategies for a global supply chain through detailed spend analysis and evolution, assess market conditions, performance evaluation, and identify emerging trends and technology.
* Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to select sources that demonstrate market segment leadership and increase value to our organization.
* Minimize and eliminate supply chain risks by quickly addressing concerns and active supplier management aimed at building long-term transparent relationships.
* Foster an environment of continuous improvement internally and throughout the supply chain.
* Ability to create a competitive advantage to our organization through material and process cost analysis, effective negotiations, and contract management.
* Improve quality and delivery by developing and executing supplier improvement plans through monitoring performance regularly and leading key initiatives.
* Support Toyota Material Handling Group (TMHG) initiatives of promoting synergies with group companies.
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
* Additional duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in procurement.
* CPSM or APICS certification a plus.
* Proficient with MS Office applications and highly talented in Excel.
* Ability to adapt easily to change and work in a fast-paced environment, acting with sense of urgency when faced with organizational risk.
* Results oriented and strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
* Strong analytical and research skills.
* Must be able to problem solve and handle multiple tasks effectively.
* Ability to prioritize work and manage time with limited guidance.
* Advanced contract and negotiation skills would be preferred.
* Excellent project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
* Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
* Adaptability and positive reaction to business needs and evolving strategies.
* Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Travel: Up to 20% (domestic and international)
About Toyota Material Handling
Let Toyota take your career to new heights. Toyota Material Handling provides employees with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through innovation and creativity in an unmatched culture.
Based in Columbus, Indiana, Toyota offers a full line of high-quality material handling equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50 years. We are proud of our large and diverse workforce. We seek individuals committed to excellence with talent, skill and innovation. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a pleasant and challenging work environment. Life is better at Toyota.
Benefits that set Toyota apart:
* Competitive Salary bonus program
* Low cost Medical with Free Dental and Free Vision Insurance
* Free On-Site Medical Center
* Free On-Site Recreational Complex
* On-site Pharmacy ($5 co-pay)
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company's policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled