Job ID: 173379
Tilcon Connecticut Inc., a CRH company, has played a vital role in building infrastructure around our state, serving the market from 23 locations throughout Connecticut. As a leading supplier of quality crushed stone, hot mix asphalt, and ready mix concrete, Tilcon Connecticut has supported the construction of superior roads, buildings and bridges. The most respected name in the construction industry, from the quarry to the road, Tilcon Connecticut does it all!
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Tilcon Connecticut Inc. and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
To provide the businesses with accurate and timely information needed to effectively source and procure goods and services. The information will be obtained through data management and analysis and will be used to assist in the evaluation of new and existing procurement programs, to track spend and benefits associated with sourcing efforts, to measure appropriate cost and market trends, and to support cost forecasts as needed.
- Improve the quality and availability of procurement data for the businesses, including leading efforts to design, implement and maintain an effective spend analysis system. Work closely with finance, procurement and other groups to maintain consistency in cost information and ensure proper training and access is provided as appropriate.
- Maintain and improve the procurement system and process used to track spending activity, current projects and savings associated with individual sourcing programs. This responsibility includes working with category teams and third-party providers to incorporate an ability to track market trends, forecast costs and plan / prioritize sourcing projects accordingly.
- Lead efforts to develop and manage supplier qualifications and performance management capabilities / systems. Support the Procurement and Accounts Payable teams to improve the vendor maintenance system as needed. Maintain supplier scorecards, establish supplier benchmarks, and publish routine supplier evaluations / metrics.
- Provide commercial and analytical support to Strategic Sourcing projects and planning. This support includes coordinating operational budget and forecast information for the Sourcing team, performing pricing analysis, maintaining key market data / trends, and analyzing spend patterns.
- Support the assessment of new sourcing opportunities by evaluating new products or services, reducing the supplier base, or optimizing existing purchasing practices.
- Support procurement efforts to increase communication, alignment and understanding of sourced programs.
- Act as capital project liaison for procurement.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science, Business or related degree or the equivalent in relevant experience
- Three (3)+ years of business, analytical or related experience.
- Experience working with databases, data warehouse applications and / or ERP systems. Experience specifically with electronic procurement systems and tools beneficial.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Analytical and detail-oriented with good problem solving skills
- Effective communications skills, including the ability to persuasively present information both in writing and verbally
- Basic knowledge of business unit processes, policies and procedures, strategic sourcing and business metrics
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to translate learning into actionable, measurable initiatives.
- Effective team builder and leader
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and accept ownership
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon Connecticut Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.