CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AK0100AA11 Procurement - DV, Exempt
The Procurement Associate provides support in the performance of the day to day operation of the procurement function. Promote the CF Industries site procurement and materials control organization by aligning with the strategic direction of the company-wide function, all appropriately integrated with relevant business functions.
- Delivers an effective and efficient procure to pay process to support stakeholder requirements.
- Assists in the development of procurement strategies at the site in support of the vision and strategic direction of Procurement and Material Control.
- Supports the site based procurement team to deliver to the long term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with the business and site specific plans.
- Participates in the annual goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service.
- Contributes to improvements in turnaround and capital project planning and execution.
- Provides input into the risk management plan that addresses key risks in contract management, supply, supplier management and procurement processes.
- Supports the “One Company” philosophy in all procurement initiatives.
- Participates in site meetings and support site initiatives around safety, reliability and the community.
- Contributes to sourcing strategies that increase productivity, improve supplier performance and reduce costs.
- Ensures on-going efficiencies of the procurement and material control functions by reporting quarterly on the progress being made with regard to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensures implementation of all procurement related policies, practices and process improvements.
- Participates in and promotes the work of CF category and improvement teams.
- Supports the material control function to optimize inventory levels, minimize stock outs and sales of obsolete equipment and materials.
- Suggests improvements for process standardization and optimization in procurement processes.
- Obtains bids and quotations for defined areas of spend including preparation of bid packages, evaluation of bids, and developing initial supplier selection recommendations.
- Issues contract releases and purchase orders and expedite materials and services as needed; understand supplier lead times and impact on delivery.
- Supports required activity before, during and after turnarounds and key projects.
- Provides support to the administration of the supply base to include: introduction of new suppliers, evaluating supplier performance, managing insurance requirements and ensuring required training is completed.
- Supports end users in the utilization of procurement systems.
- Assists Accounts Payable with the resolution of invoice issues.
- Assists procurement specialists with information for claim management.
- Manages relevant supplier relationships and prepares input into the supplier management process.
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements. Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
- Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related disciplines.
- One or more years of commercial experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Basic understanding of good procurement practice including negotiation, sourcing, bidding and contracting.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems.
- Experience in heavy industrial environment, knowledge of chemical manufacturing and major capital projects.
The Procurement Associate is responsible for conducting the procure to pay process in support of stakeholder requirements. In addition, this role supports the strategic and operational aspects of procurement in key areas of company-wide volume aggregation, the sourcing and procurement processes, stakeholder alignment, process standardization and control, supplier performance, and the development of cost saving synergies.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the“Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.