Position Title: Procurement Manager – Compliance, Systems and Master Data
Location: Sugar Land, TX
What You Will Do:
- Manage master data for supply chain/procurement in North America, working closely with colleagues across 3 global regions – Europe, Asia/Pacific, Latin America
- Lead a team of 3 associates. The team is responsible for data entry and management of master data related to assigned purchased goods and services across all of Ecolab businesses.
- Lead projects related to improving process and efficiencies around master data and procurement processes
- Oversee all compliance related procurement business processes including – internal/external audit, SOX, supplier diversity, conflict minerals, ISO9001, Responsible Care, Supplier Ethics, Sustainability, and others
- Strategic Leadership
- Develop the strategic plan for the master data organization which supports broader procurement plans
- Develop strategic plans for all compliance related business activities involving procurement
- Organization Leadership
- Lead North American procurement master data team – sets objectives, measures performance, motivates to assure a highly engaged team
- Lead North American compliance team – sets objectives, measures performance, motivates to assure a highly engaged team
- Provides direct supervision, objectives, coaching and development to direct reporting individual contributors
- Talent acquisition and development – interviews, selects, onboards, and develops Procurement Reps and Procurement Specialists who comprise the team
- Operational Support
- Work with other functional areas including Accounts Payable, Procurement Sourcing, business units, production plants and other functions to address issues and solve problems
- Support team members who have questions, issues, problems
- Project Management
- Leads a portfolio of projects across the entire organization (some directly managed, some managed by others) focused on improving cost, quality, efficiency or service within the master data and compliance areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- 7+ years of experience in master data, procurement, shared services, finance, supply chain operations or related field.
- Experience with managing and delivering multiple projects, tasks, and initiatives simultaneously
- Advanced degree in Business, Engineering, Chemistry, or Finance
- Demonstrated history of leadership, teamwork, and project management skills
- Experience in SAP or other ERP systems in a procurement or shared services environment
- Procurement or supply chain experience
- Finance, audit, compliance experience
- Demonstrated history of leading and developing high performing teams
- Demonstrated history of driving people development through performance planning process and diligent coaching/feedback
- Demonstrated skills in clear communication and good presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in leading and driving large scale projects
- Ability to influence, and sell ideas & concepts
- Ability to create strategy and plans
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Demonstrate critical thinking and curiosity to explore and identify opportunities to improve processes
- Demonstrated competitive drive and strong orientation for results and achievement
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills. Must be able to work effectively across various levels in the organization, and to communicate ideas, concepts, and insights to drive value and influence sourcing outcomes.
- Comfortable in a competitive and performance-driven environment
About Nalco Champion:
Discover how Nalco Champion helps fuel 550 million vehicles globally. Ecolab’s Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.