Unlocking a world of connections.
We provide innovative end-to-end deployment services and smart solutions on the
latest technologies. Our Integrated Deployment approach allows us to think, design and
plan differently for better and faster implementation and networks. By tying together
design, optimization, deployment and delivery of state-of-the-art networks, we’re able to
pinpoint the optimized time to market.
We’re driven by satisfying the end users’ appetite for data, rolling out small cells,
distributed antenna systems (iDAS/oDAS), IOT, connected cars, smart cities, fiber, 4G,
5G and beyond. These unique capabilities power future-proofed solutions and make us
invaluable partners to leading companies.
Who We're Looking For:
A Procurement Manager to join our growing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Assemble RFP documentation, complete the evaluation process and prepare the evaluation report for presentation to the executive management team.
- Negotiate with all service vendors to secure best price, terms, and conditions for the company.
- Prepares and submits cost proposals including pricing and scheduling details, coordinates approval of pricing with appropriate management staff.
- Maintains and updates all trackers (RFP tracker, pricing Vendor VAF, etc.)
- Monitor service vendor performance to assess the ability to meet quality and delivery requirements through the vendor scorecard evaluation process.
- Act as mediator between first and second tier service vendors during any lien/payment issues that may arise.
- Coordinate with operations team to forecast demand and create supply plans that ensure the availability of services needed. Escalate risks as required to the appropriate level of management.
- Manage all service vendor notifications (Safety stand downs, procedures, etc.)
- Attend and organize meetings, presentations, conference calls, and training sessions as directed by the Senior Director of Procurement.
- Meet with new and existing service vendors concerning vendor solicitations, initiatives, and product presentations, identify the interest from the project team and if required, coordinate the vendor approval process with the vendor contracts team.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Periodic air travel may be required
The Qualities You Possess
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often; Solid written and verbal communication skills; ability to establish relationships internally
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Lead, prepare & execute the RFx process
- Evaluate and select suppliers
- Conduct supplier negotiation
- Ensure supplier agreement implementation
- Contribute to the long-term business
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- 5 years equivalent working experience in the telecommunications field is preferred
- 3+ years of experience working with contracts and contract preparation and negotiations
- 3+ years’ experience in working with vendors and vendor related issues
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of contract language, contract layout and varying possibilities of contract content.
- Good negotiation process knowledge and skill with the ability to convincingly articulate Nexius’s position while working through opposing views.
- Ability to develop working relationships with vendors.
- An ability to review and analyze a situation and develop and articulate an opinion detailing an action plan, a choice of alternatives, a summarization or a conclusion.
- A team player who can work with a wide range of personnel from administrative assistants and specialists to upper management.
- General knowledge of the telecommunications industry and its constituent companies.
- Cultivated understanding that working with vendors requires integrity, objectivity, professionalism and doing what is in the best interest of the company.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize requests and projects in order of those having the greatest need.
- Spreadsheet and word processing skills.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.
This position is Exempt based on the FLSA laws. Our company uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Time Type:Full time