Procurement Leader for USDA pet food plant startup in Dallas, Texas to purchase raw materials. USDA experience a must with familiarity of raw meats, slaughter & rendering industries or equipment used in further meat processing plants (beef, pork, poultry etc.). Responsible for resources necessary for manufacturing USDA FOOD products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. This plant is manufacturing and supplying unique premium dried USDA pork & beef pet food ingredients together with extracting feed stocks from biomass for the renewable fuel industry.
The company is customer-focused and will work to meet unique product needs. They also actively participate in industry associations including PFI and AFIA as well as the Pet Sustainability Coalition. Company introduced a shelf-stable dried beef which is unique booth with respect to source materials and process.
- Develop, hone and execute procurement strategies
- Manage supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
- Implement policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
- Raw Meat Production/Processing - Knowledge of USDA (meat/poultry/beef/pork) raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of Food goods.
- Procurement – raw materials purchasing or procurement experience including USDA raw materials & equipment used in raw meat processing, slaughter or rendering facilities
- Education - Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or university) required, preferably in Accounting or Business related disciplines
- Experience - Four to ten years related procurement experience in Manufacturing
- USDA guidelines as they related to food manufacturing.
- Plant start-up or plant expansion experience highly desired
- Knowledge of National Beef & Pork industry including the Dallas Fort Worth, TX and Southwest Kansas markets