Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
Develops plans for key short-term and long-term sourcing projects within geographical scope - ensuring appropriate resource allocation is available to effectively manage sourcing needs. Collects and utilizes stakeholder feedback to understand critical business priorities, and ensures short and long term plans account for business needs. Shares this feedback with appropriate strategic category team members to ensure priorities and regional needs are being met in a collaborative manner.
- Executes sourcing strategies within geographical scope - including multiple plant locations, countries, or clusters - ensuring consistency with Global Indirect category strategies. Partners with Sr. Procurement Operations Manager to develop negotiation strategy for key regional negotiations and actively participates in negotiations.
- Leads organizational change management efforts geographical area of responsibility - which includes multiple plant locations, countries, or clusters. Ensures appropriate and effective communication is occurring at all organizational levels - with consistent messaging regarding the Global Procurement transformation efforts. Acts as an escalation point for organizational or cultural change barriers within the region and works to resolve and overcome barriers collaboratively with business partners.
- Develops and maintains strategic supplier relationships as defined by supplier segmentation strategy - with a goal to maximize value of key relationships to gain competitive advantage by building joint capabilities.
- Seeks out new opportunities for application of 7-Step SSP and EST to drive savings opportunities. Supports team learning goals.
- Directly manages Sr. Procurement Operations Leads to ensure consistent strategy and delivery of operational procurement activity.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- Master's Degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- Project Management certification strongly preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of Procurement experience. Demonstrated experience applying change management and project management tools to complete a business initiative. Cross-functional experience in either Supply Chain or Manufacturing desired.
- Project Management, Change Management, Negotiation skills required; Lean/Six Sigma and Project Management fundamentals desired. Proficient in interpreting and analyzing financial statements.
- Skills required: strong financial/statistical analysis, organization skills, strong Microsoft Access/Excel skills and/or other database programs, a team player, strong written and verbal communication skills, influence skills, self-directing, and ability to work in a very fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment:Operations Manager, Procurement, Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Operations, Engineering