Job Title: Procurement Project Manager
Requisition ID: 122055BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
- Leverage large data to drive improvements in Total Cost of Ownership
- Partner with stakeholders to communicate and drive results
- Perform daily exception management to drive favorable KPI performance and initiate corrective actions as required.
- Recommend and drive improvement opportunities using analysis, reporting, and process flow understanding
- Use PPI Business systems to drive continuous improvement by initiating cross-functional projects with defined deliverables to maximize supply chain performance.
- Support analysis for procurement and related functions as necessary
- Create presentations to report out to different levels of management
- Project Manage Group level Procurement Projects
This is a dynamic role that has constantly changing priorities and expectations. The above is not an exhaustive list, but just some of the activity that can be required from day to day in this role.
What will you do?
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- As part of the Procurement PM team you will be required to assume other responsibilities from time to time. This may include things like running or participating in meetings, process improvement activities, training, etc.
- Other activities in support of LSG Procurement Operations
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Life Sciences, Engineering or Equivalent Experience Required
- APICs Certification (or equivalent) Preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in Procurement, Planning, or Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Strong analytical and proven problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated experience in analyzing significant amounts of data and turning it into actionable information
- Process improvement background (PPI, lean, six sigma, etc.) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- SQL, Excel, Power Platforms Proficiencies
- Understanding of relationships between the planning systems and the effects on inventory and service levels.
- Self starter that champions their own development
- Proven Leadership Qualities
- Time and priority management
- Project Management
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.