Responsible for strategic and tactical management of the purchased material supply chain. This role includes supplier performance management and development, purchase price change management, strategic sourcing, working capital management and supplier material flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives requests for goods and services.
- Reviews all request documentation for accuracy and budget/approval compliance.
- Responds to questions and concerns about purchases and requests for information.
- Maintain tracking log for all purchases and notifies appropriate management personnel of deliveries, services coordination, and delays.
- Coordinate material purchases with the Construction team to meet project schedules.
- Identify and develop procurement process improvements to gain efficiency and coordination across all departments and affiliates.
- Develop strong supplier relationships
- Maintain inventory levels of supplies as needed and order as necessary.
- Prepare the Request for Quote forms and send to the appropriate selected vendors.
- Prepare a pricing and lead time matrix for proposals received for decision analysis.
- Provide recommendations for consideration to the appropriate manager.
- Maintain records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries and inventories.
- Responsible for logistics, shipment and freight requirements for material purchase.
- Verify correctness and completeness of RIR logs of materials received at the field locations.
- Work with Accounts Payable department for correctness of invoicing as needed.
- Prepare inventory transfer forms as needed.
- Classify priority regulations.
- Requires Associate s or Bachelor s Degree and 5 years of experience in materials, procurement or construction management.
- Proficient use of computer technology to include MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Strong leadership, team-building and communication skills
- Experience in the construction industry.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with Sage 300CRE (Timberline) is a preferred, but not required.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
Generous 401k Match
Life Insurance (Spouse & Children)
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Accounts
Paid Time Off
- We commit to one another, our customers and the company.
- We have the discipline to take the high road and do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Get It Done
- We do whatever it takes with intentional and efficient execution. Period.
- No effort is too important to compromise anyone s health and well-being.