VPET USA is the leader in Stock & Custom PET Manufacturing. We create and distribute plastic packaging products, offering a variety of containers and bottles. We continually research and evaluate the latest developments in PET plastics manufacturing in an effort to improve our product quality and operating flexibility while reducing manufacturing costs and environmental impact. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
VPETis currently looking for a Procurement Specialist to be responsible for all day to day purchasing requirements involving all raw materials and parts from oversea. Expedites and monitor orders, coordinates with production and sales department, provide status updates and usage report. Monitor vendor's machine placement and production output.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by analyzing cost and quality of items in conjunction with department heads.
- Assures the correct account coding is assigned to each purchase.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with engineer and/or quality control personnel, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Expedites delivery of goods, when necessary.
- Interact frequently with customers, channel partners, agents, subsidiaries, management, and other departments as necessary.
- Maintain a positive, problem-solving approach and positive relationships within a team environment.
- This position supports all GMP initiatives establishing customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and corrective and preventative action. Create reports to share information and knowledge as required.
- Support team members and other departments as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
- Adapt to new process, products and technologies as required. Learn and understand our products and technology at a level sufficiently high enough to efficiently identify and route requests for assistance to the proper division department or individual.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline driven, multi-discipline environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, identifies and addresses problems and meets deadlines.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to remain professional at all times.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a wide array of plant personnel ranging from hourly employees to senior management.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. High level of attention to detail, and process driven in order to balance timeliness and quality of service. Metrics for quality and efficiency will be developed and maintained.
- Computer skills: Intermediate knowledge and experience in computer office programs of Word, Excel and Outlook are requirements for this job.
- e., V-lookup and Pivot table
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Windows environment and Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be committed to the success of the entire organization.
Physical Requirements: Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Normal conditions for an office environment
- Requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role or a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience in the plastic bottle industry or in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Employer paid 100% medical (HMO), dental and vision insurance premium.
- Company offers vacation and sick pay.
- Holiday Pay: Eight (8) paid holidays per year.
- Basic Life Insurance Paid (25K policy).
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics.