The Produce Department Head provides a delightful customer experience while maintaining a welcoming, well-merchandised department. The produce department is the first greeting for our customers and our organic and local produce selection is center to KWF' s mission to support local, sustainable organic agriculture. The PDH interacts with customers, vendors, and fellow KWF Team Members in a positive and authentic manner.
KWF Team Members embrace KWF culture and be able to speak to our history and mission. The Produce Department Head knows how to get the job done with a smile and while managing the energy and mood of themselves and their team.
KWF Team Members Are:
DAILY OPERATIONS: The Produce Department Head's primary responsibility is to execute the following:
- Follows KWF Produce merchandising SOP to maintain abundant, dynamic & fresh displays throughout the entire department.
- Follows the current KWF ordering SOP to maintain a top-quality selection of the organic and seasonal produce.
- Understands KWF inventory management practices.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date product signage throughout the entire department.
- Works with Store Manager & Category Manager closely maintain all elements of department sales performance.
TEAM & LEADERSHIP
- Participate in the hiring, evaluation, training, coaching and development of staff members in collaboration with the SM.
- Support store experience by upholding KWF Guidelines for staff appearance, energy, quality and cleanliness.
- Participates in scheduled management and departmental meetings to ensure core operational functions are followed.
- Servant leader; fostering team development and cohesion through service to each other.
- Good communication skills: oral and written
- Strong analytical and mathematical capabilities
- Motivated to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Thrives in leading a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to be on feet for an extended period of time
- Have excellent time management skills
- Full sense range (vision, hearing and sense of smell) the ability to read product labels, distinguish color & smell for quality control as well as the ability to communicate with the customers and co-workers.
- Lifting, gripping and carrying objects up to 50-75 pounds frequently, including boxes, cans, tools and other products.
- Stooping, squatting, & kneeling stoop and maneuver to pick up boxes from shelving and carts.
- Walking short distances to bring items from miscellaneous areas.
- Standing- prolonged standing.
- Work environment movement based with the majority of time being in motion (walking & standing) rather that sedentary (sitting).
- Climate ability to work in cold environments (cooler, Freezer, back stock area) and handle cold products for extended periods of time on a regular basis.