As a Meat/Produce specialist, you will work with our member retailers. You will promote sales of these items to the members and purchase them at the lowest possible price. You will work with the member retailer's to help them increase their profits and add to their success.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 year Grocery Retail or Grocery Wholesale experience and Meat / Produce Design preferred.
- Degree not required, but equivalent work experience in retail preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in the preferred fields of grocery retail or wholesale; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The individual must have the ability to perform the responsibilities listed below. The list is not all inclusive of duties that may be requested by the department head or a member of upper management but are intended for an understanding of the purpose of the position. It is the responsibility of each individual at AWG to provide ultimate customer service to our members to support their efforts in increasing same store sales and profits.
- Work with vendors and members to develop sales building special events, promotions and displays.
- Work with the members in the stores to build sales and profits with the correct product mix, sales displays, retail prices, ads, weekly promotions, holiday displays and events.
- Communicate market conditions and changes regularly and on a timely basis with the members.
- Work with the members to train the retail meat / produce personnel on proper product care and handling.
- Complete weekly reports listing retail contacts and action plans to build retail and warehouse produce sales.
- Work as a member of the AWG team so the total job responsibilities are met. Actions must always stress a sense of cooperation, integrity, tact and consideration with our members, associates and division management.
- This position requires strong communication and computer skills with the ability to use and learn new technology. Management will be kept informed on planning, analysis, work performed and results. All records required by management must be complete, accurate and submitted on time.
- This position would require daily travel to member retail stores.
- Work all food shows, special Customer events and AWG events.
- Write and read weekly and Holiday Ads for all Ad groups.
- Coordinate Holiday planning meetings and area seminars for all customers,
- Other special projects as assigned.
Travel required. Territory includes CO, WY, SD and Western NE.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life ins, 401(k), expense account, company car, paid vacation and holidays. The work is fast-paced and rewarding.