USG is a national wholesale/brokerage for hard to place commercial insurance coverages. We are seeking experienced commercial E&S Producer/Brokers in Seattle, WA. Prior insurance experience is mandatory, E&S experience is mandatory.
This position requires strong relationship building skills to work with our targeted carriers, retail insurance agents, and develop a book of business. Only those with proven performance in this career path should apply.
This would initially be a remote/work from home opportunity until an office is established.
Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with additional hours as needed.
Compensation: Base pay level depends on experience. Commission/bonuses are awarded based on individual performance via sales results.
- Strong knowledge and experience of property and casualty insurance including: coverages, rating, terminology and technical procedures. P&C license / E&S licenses are preferred, but not required.
- History of business development and submissions from direct production responsibilities.
- Must be sales driven, “people person” who likes to establish new relationships while learning communication strategies and sales methods.
- Experienced in Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Reader. Ability to quickly learn new programs and applications.
- Skilled in business writing and problem/situation analysis.
- Energetic, self motivated individuals who are goal oriented and can thrive in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills.
- A four year college degree is preferred with 1-3 years of relative experience. Past experience should include either Wholesale Broker or MGA experience.
- Work with retail insurance agents, to develop and submit business to target markets for placement.
- Building relationships with our in house rating and brokerage markets.
- Assess new business submissions and negotiate terms, by selecting the markets that can provide the most coverage at the best price.
- Following submissions through the process, to assure quotes are provided in a timely manner and negotiate with all parties involved to reach an acceptable price.
- Solicit new business through various sales and marketing techniques and begin establishing relationships within a territory utilizing agency visits, telemarketing calls and cross selling.
- Coordinate and handle administrative workflows in conjunction with support team(s) to establish accurate and prompt response to service issues.