Location: Los Angeles, CA
SiriusXM is currently looking for a Producer/Editor to create content across our music and talk portfolios. The Producer/Editor is the primary day-to-day creative working alongside radio content and production teams to create robust, video programming (original and repurposed) from SiriusXM radio shows and our extensive digital video archives. This position will often function as a one man band. Under the guidance of the EP and Senior Producer, he or she will focus on producing and executing the programming strategy that is offered to consumers for distribution on the SiriusXM app, digital properties, partner sites and social platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for making sure all video they create meets overall look and feel of SiriusXM video.
* Establishes scalable work flows for creating clips on multiple platforms in timely fashion.
* Oversees editorial process from video creation to video publishing.
* Works closely and collaboratively with radio, marketing and press teams to deliver video that works for those teams.
* Ensures on-time delivery and distribution of content to designated OVP, digital, social, linear and syndication partners.
* Performs script writing, camera direction, music composition, graphic look, set design, lighting design to effectively communicate the stories we are presenting, on a variety of platforms including linear, digital video and social.
* Produces original clip and long form content including potential multi-cam live studio shows.
* Develops, executes and approves cuts including daily short-form and long-form programs, theme week content and all special event programming.
* Develops storytelling and narrative arcs for archive, curated, live stream, unscripted and scripted originals .
* Daily reviews of what the audience is watching, how and when they engage and how to pivot-creatively- quickly when necessary.
* 5+ years as a producer with experience in digital video -- talk and music production.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Super organization skills.
* Experience developing content.
* Ability to set up remote shoots.
* Possesses a strong editorial eye for developing creative and strategic video programming.
* Ability to effectively manage, lead and influence to meet content objectives.
* Strong program and project management skills.
* Ability to work independently and within a team.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact and work with individuals at all levels.
* Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment; effectively manages stress and emotions under pressure.
* Prior experience working with high profile talent and celebrities.
* Highest level of responsibility securing appropriate approvals and vetting content for rights prior to broadcast.
* Familiarity with video publishing.
* Familiarity with metadata best practices.
* A general understanding of how to deliver high quality / cost-effective / highly viewed programming in digital (app, web, social).
* Entrepreneurial spirit; excited about the future of digital content and next generation video services.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Adobe Premiere Pro.
* Ability to light or work with Lighting Director.
* Multi-cam studio production.
* Knowledge of emerging camera technology (360/VR/AR).
* Proficient with Google Drive (and related Office Suite, docs, sheets, etc).
* Illustrator and Photoshop a plus.
* Ability to edit on Adobe Premiere editing systems.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
* Should have familiarity with running robotic cameras and operating a New Tek TC-1 (Tricaster)
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled