CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Plan and execute content and formatting of show rundowns.
- Plan and execute international and domestic segments.
- Own and master the day’s International, national and political news.
- Supervise writing, line producing, video editing and graphics development.
- Provide guidance to APs, DAs and junior team members on writing tone, substance and style.
- Work with Senior and Line Producers on standards, rights and clearances and the editorial direction of language for the anchors, correspondents and on screen graphics
- Pitch & execute special, feature & recurring segments
- Minimum 3-5 years working as a show producer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Fundamental background in journalism and media, including strong news judgment & critical thinking skills
- Impeccable grammar and spelling
- A passion for news both domestic and international news.
- Strong communication skills and ability to train and advise associate producers, production assistants and junior staff in writing and editing broadcast copy.
- Command of AP style and broadcast writing.
- Detail oriented with ability to work and write calmly and efficiently in high stress, intense deadline, live TV environment
- Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test.
- Knowledge of ENPS and INews preferred
- Strong understanding of digital and social media
- Knowledge and a passion for the future of digital media
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled