We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
Purpose:The Product Actuary will be a key member of the Retail Annuity Product Management team. We are looking for an actuary to assist with pricing, process improvement, and analysis of Fixed Indexed Annuities, Living Benefit Riders, and Fixed Annuities. The ideal candidate will also provide critical input as we consider business and product developments and launch new products.
- Support financial modeling and analytics for Retail annuities
- Direct and support development of enhanced actuarial models used for cash flow production and policyholder behavior, Statutory and GAAP reserves, asset liability management, and financial projections.
- Effectively communicate pricing results and recommendations and analysis to senior management in written presentations and meetings
- Provide accurate and insightful model validation to facilitate confident decision-making and to achieve business goals
- Implement efficient and robust pricing processes and ensure compliance with Model Risk Policies
- Coordinate work with a team of onshore and offshore actuaries and lead some projects
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance or related field required.
- 6+ years of Actuarial experience including financial modeling, product development, pricing, valuation, or risk analysis required.
- Society of Actuaries FSA or ASA/EA designation required
- Understanding of asset-liability analysis with an emphasis on analyzing liability-hedging investments and return-oriented investments
- Strong technical skills using actuarial software, preferably MG-ALFA or similar software
- Dedication to completing tasks thoroughly and on time, including deadline pressures and occasionally outside normal working hours
- Highly motivated and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with high quality standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage several projects
- Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.