Wales-Darby, Inc. is a leading Manufacturer’s Representative in the HVAC and Plumbing industry serving the greater New York / New Jersey / Philadelphia areas. A family-owned business, our continued growth and success over the past 46 years has been due to our commitment to excellence - both in the innovative manufacturers that we represent and in the talent that we hire.
We are currently seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our team specializing in AO Smith Water Products. This group is an essential part of our overall business, and its evolution has created a need for an additional team member in our Warren, NJ location.
The role of A.O. Smith Product Administrator is extremely important to the success of the team, which is responsible for a large percentage of our overall sales. We are successful because of the attention to detail, proactiveness, and passion to succeed exhibited by the AO Smith Product team.
Qualified candidates will contribute to this success by:
- Handling heavy call volume and assisting customers
- Product selection
- Pricing and job quotes
- Checking availability/lead times
- Order entry and expediting
- Dissemination of factory communications and policies to both staff and customers
- Resolving customer issues
- Enhancing customer relationships with a positive, “can do” approach
- Working cooperatively with all inside and outside Wales-Darby teams
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Managing distributor co-op advertising budgets
- Managing competitor product files
- Monthly reporting to factory
- Assembling monthly sales reports in pivot table format
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills and proficiencies for this high-pressure position:
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Technical aptitude
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of customers
- Ability to compose professional business correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to self-start
- Ability to work as part of a team geared toward achieving a common goal and be willing to “jump in” where and as needed
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Exhibit sense of empathy to customers, but be firm in communications
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Communicate clearly in English - verbally and in writing
- Sit for extended periods of time
- View computer monitor for extended periods of time
Knowledge of Plumbing / Heating systems and/or distribution business a plus.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday / 8am-5pm. Minimal travel required. Wales-Darby offers a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary, health benefits, 401(k), paid holidays, paid vacation / sick time.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume including work experience, education background and salary expectations.