|TN-1000021 - Memphis Campus - 860|
|Business Operations / Support|
|First Open Date:|
|Discovers, develops and manages enhancements to assigned product line development based on customer research and analysis. Translates findings into usable and marketable enhancements to exisitng products or development of new products. Coordinates marketing planning and execution and presents results. Manages relationships and projects with third-party vendors and internal clients.|
1. Initiates, develops and manages development for assigned product line based on customer research and analysis using quantitative and qualitative methods to capitalize on market conditions, trends, and changes in key segments.
2. Identifies product marketing opportunities, develops and presents proposals to test opportunities.
3. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes test results and presents findings and recommendations for existing products and the development of new products/strategies.
4. Leads business sustaining and enhancing initiatives.
5. Provides ongoing support for field sales, customer support and training.
6. Manages relationships and projects with third-parties and internal clients.
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, economics or a quantitative related field such as math or engineering, and 4+ years of marketing experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Knowledge of consumer research practices
3. Analytical skills
4. Ability to lead or influence management, resources or peers
5. Ability to manage multiple major projects concurrently
6. Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
• Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
• Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
• Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
• Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
• Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
• Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.