Product Application Specialist - WD30065307056
What you will do
Provides assistance to OEM customers by providing product knowledge, product compatibility layouts utilizing Autodesk Inventor 3D modeling software, pricing assistance, and overall customer satisfaction throughout this process. The OEM Product Application Specialist takes on additional business development responsibilities as required in support of the National OEM Sales Manager and Director of OEM & Temperature Control Sales.
How you will do it
• The successful candidate will work collaboratively with OEM business development, production, and engineering personnel as a liaison in support of the customer’s specific requirements and manufacturing capabilities.
• This individual will communicate with potential customers and existing customers to define specific needs required for product compatibility and coordinate these requirements with other disciplines within the organization.
• Utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills, the successful candidate will provide 2D and 3D drawings to verify product form, fit, and function for customer approval.
• Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, customer purchase order execution, internal pricing clarification, customer change order write-up and pricing, order write-up for order entry, clarification with engineering for construction, addressing of customer concerns during fabrication, arranging for special freight and resolving of disputes regarding quality and/or incorrect invoicing of orders, while exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
• Individual will assist with competitive product research that will be used to help create definitions for new OEM product development projects.
• Research includes: (1) competitive price analysis; (2) competitive performance analysis; (3) feature and accessory analysis; and (4) overview of strengths or weaknesses compared to competitors.
• Individual will review drawings, plans, schedules, engineering specifications, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates and provide submittal drawings.
• Additional marketing responsibilities may include preparation of PowerPoint presentations for OEM customer-facing events.
• The successful candidate will provide technical services to clients relating to use, operation, and maintenance of products sold for use in OEM equipment.
• Individual should expect to participate in continuous development of product and process knowledge through cross-functional meetings, plant visits, product training seminars, or similar activities as required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
What we look for
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associates/Technical degree from a two-year college or university; Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred; or two to four years related experience preferably in the HVAC industry (defined as having detailed product knowledge and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• None required.
• Approximately 20% or less travel required.
• Required knowledge and experience to include Autodesk Inventor, MS Word and Excel using MS Windows platform.
• MS PowerPoint and Adobe editing software.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, overtime before and after shifts and on weekends.
• Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to walk.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.