Product Category Manager
Aramsco is a nationwide distributor of environmental, restoration, emergency preparedness and surface preparation equipment and products. We provide our customers with valuable product expertise, education, quality products, exceptional customer service, and fast, reliable delivery nationwide at competitive prices.
The strength of Aramsco buying power gives you the widest range of products – from everyday items that everyone wants, to small custom items that top experts are using.
Due to our continuous growth, Aramsco is currently hiring Product Category Manager.
Paid Holidays & Vacation!
Full Benefit Package!
* Creating metrics to analyze and rank vendors within their product categories. Ideal metrics will include operational performance, field support and gross margin return on investment.
* Track and establish continuous gross margin and gross margin stock improvement plans, including national pricing, program improvement, conversion plans and process, and working with each Regional Buyer Lead & Corporate Buyers to ensure accountability and compliance.
* Manage day to day vendor relationships for productive, mutually beneficial outcomes. Establish program and ensure accountability for achievement of the plan. Set regular milestones to track progress and adjust accordingly. Reduce mutual administrative and transactional costs and streamline processes between Aramsco and its vendors.
* Develop a thorough understanding of each Vendor Company and key relationships within each. Ensure the financial health of the vendor company and communicate vendor activity back to Aramsco as appropriate.
* As subject matter expert identify/cross reference acquisition cost savings to be implemented post-acquisition with replenishment teams.
* Review new and existing vendors with the accounts payable department, understanding and challenging higher risk vendors.
* Recommend vendor changes as necessary to achieve gross margin return on investment targets, or to improve overall mix and results.
* Utilize Business Intelligence analytics to understand and address shortfalls or other problems affecting the optimization of gross margin and/or asset management issues.
* Responsible for ensuring maximum legal protection through detailed documentation and review of vendor terms and conditions. Along with other Product Category Managers, establish and use a standard Aramsco terms and conditions document for all projects.
* Initiate and establish target marketing and necessary recall communication in a timely manner, following an established and consistent process with all Product Category Managers.
* Collaborates with Operational leadership to develop and execute policies, procedures, and best practices related to the procurement of goods and services utilized throughout the Aramsco supply chain.
* Collaborates with Sales leadership to develop and execute programs and best practices related to the advertisement, marketing and branding of Aramsco products and services.
* Ideal candidates will possess BA or BS degree in business or a related field 7 to 10 years of brand management department experience in wholesaling or similar industry is preferred.
* Candidate must possess strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to use analysis to drive results and influence decision making.
* Valid driver’s license and own dependable transportation.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
* Experience with Eclipse ERP and Business Intelligence Analytics is a plus.
* Health/Vision/Dental insurance.
* Paid vacation.
* Paid holidays.
* 401(k) with employer matching.
* Life insurance is provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.