We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
Purpose:The Compliance Analyst within the Product Compliance Team ensures annuity product compliance in all jurisdictions by assisting with Athene's drafting, filing and review of filed policy forms and other compliance forms as well as providing compliance review of policy form packets after issuance.
- Prepare new product submissions by filing in SERFF or other systems and responding to objections to obtain prompt approvals of policy form filings including advertising and marketing materials.
- Proactively seek ways to streamline the filing submission process to decrease time between preparation of the file, submission and approval.
- Responsible for additional compliance functions and projects, as assigned.
- Review and approve the implementation of and use of policy form pages to ensure that annuity contracts being sent to customers are in compliance with state approvals.
- Serve as a technical resource and train others in product filing procedures/SERFF, reporting requirements, record keeping, policy/contract updates, product testing, etc.
- Draft and review customer facing compliance forms, such as customer disclosures or applications.
- Maintain and/or oversee a database for product submissions, approvals and retirements.
- Maintain professional contact with state insurance departments, the IIRPC and other compliance departments throughout the country; attend industry meetings and workshops as appropriate to stay current with compliance trends.
- Maintain record of regulated forms history while coordinating with and monitoring internal business units to ensure approved forms are available and used.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in annuity compliance and product filing preferred.
- Attainment of FLMI, AIRC or CLU or substantial work towards professional designation is preferred.
- Familiarity with key aspects of insurance administration.
- General knowledge of annuity products.
- Good organizational, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- PC skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and other applicable software.
- Previous compliance and filing knowledge acquired by work experiences within an annuity compliance unit or related business unit.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relay information effectively to our internal and external business partners.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements as they pertain to annuities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.