As our Product Creation Center (PCC) Summer Intern, you will join the Nike PCC Team focused on accelerating and elevating footwear with world-class technology and local craftsmanship. You will be asked to leverage a broad knowledge of business and operations competencies to support end-to-end product creation across concepting, engineering, and manufacturing. You will have the opportunity to work with a large diverse team of expert makers, as well as engage with key stakeholders across Innovation, Categories, and Athlete Services.
By developing an understanding of the current state capacity of the PCC, you will provide recommendations on how additional resources (headcount or machine) in a given area would impact future overall capacity, and how to best create more flexible capacity in the current state operating model.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Working towards an MBA or MS with background in Manufacturing/Operations roles.
- Experience with LEAN Manufacturing principles
- Familiarity with using data to build models/databases to drive decision-making.
- Ability to clearly articulate project goals and objectives to relevant audiences.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, collaboration and data-based decision-making track record (i.e. statistical methods).
- Ability to work with diverse teams and skillsets to support strategic initiatives.
- Creativity to solve applied product and manufacturing problems.