The Product Data Analyst will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment as part of the Product team, to understand, define and create industry-changing products. We are looking for someone who is equal parts web analyst and data analyst; who is a proactive, results driven individual, excited to work with internal business teams to drive new product development, and can contribute to critical high value projects that will define and maintain our products.
*This position is open to remote applicants*
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Under the supervision of the Product Manager):
• Recommends and establishes appropriate KPIs, and monitors and analyzes key metrics in order to execute recurring analyses and reporting.
• Owns BAL’s Web Analytics software, Heap, and ensures accurate implementation, including design, setup, and maintenance, ensuring that all data is tracked, appropriately organized and kept up-to-date, in accordance with new features and evolving existing features.
• Works as part of the Product Management team to ask the right questions, measure the right things and interpret metrics to tell a meaningful story about product usage and trends.
• Is self-motivated and proactively investigates and uses data from Heap, reporting and directly querying the database to understand user behavior and evaluate potential opportunities for creating a better user experience within the product.
• Empower the Product Team, Steering Committee, Support team and business stakeholders with data by providing data to keep us informed; help us prioritize and maintain urgency of new features and/or defect fixes.
• Manage medium to large size projects or processes with limited oversight and/or direction.
• Independently analyzes and interprets Android and iOS mobile app usage to suggest enhancements that will increase usage.
• Understands how user interactions translate to data that provides insights on behavior and defines and creates reports and dashboards with meaningful data interpretations, data segments, filters and flows that communicate product and/or feature performance.
• Proactively suggests how the data gleaned contributes to product feature designs and expected impact of new features.
• Provides objective evaluations of feature impact post implementation, as part of the Build>Measure>Learn cycle.
• Executes on the discovery phase of the SDLC through identifying possible feature/functionality needs and completing research from both a business need and a value/ROI perspective.
• Conducts conversations with the business and users to validate data interpretations and predictions.
• Maintains and updates documentation on Data/Web Analytics product design and implementation.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Under the supervision of the Product Manager):
• Contributes to road mapping activities through needs assessment, feature ROI analysis, prioritization, and user behavior data.
• Employs lean methodology to help define business problems, form hypotheses, test and validate solutions, and continue with the build > measure > learn cycle.
• Helps design tests for beta/pilot/early adopter programs to ensure successful adoption of a new product or feature.
• Reports bugs found in product(s) through the appropriate channel.
• Has the ability to demo the product(s) and explain product functionality.
• Efficiently manages multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to setup, manage and maintain analytics software like Heap, Adobe Analytics, Mixpanel, Flurry, Google Analytics, or similar software.
• Ability to analyze software usage data to identify trends, gaps and user behavior.
• Ability to query SQL databases with an understanding of relational databases and table structures.
• Experience with quantitative research methods and displaying results using pivot tables, graphs, charts, etc.
• Ability to learn and use product management software, such as Rally, JIRA, or other applications.
• Ability to communicate effectively with product team and stakeholders about data trends and interpretations.
• Expertise in the use of Microsoft applications; specifically SQL, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Knowledge of Agile SCRUM and Lean methodologies preferred.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Ability to resolve complex issues.
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to maintain a sedentary position for up to 90% of the work day.
• Able to walk and climb stairs or use elevator to coordinate with other departments.
• Occasional travel required.
• 5+ years in product management, data/web analytics, statistics, data science or market research.
• Experience managing and using Heap, Adobe Analytics / Omniture / SiteCatalyst, Mixpanel, Flurry, Google Analytics, or similar software.
Minimum Education Level:
• BA/BS in statistics, mathematics, business, or a related field. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.