As a Product Data Management (PDM) Analyst, you will be responsible for inputting technical master data for one (or more) Clorox division into the SAP Recipe Management system. You will work closely with our business users in packaging development to learn how they do their work and provide help and support in inputting their data into SAP. You will work closely with the other PDM Analysts to learn about the systems and processes used every day to support the data needs of Clorox.
- Independently manages product data setup for new items in SAP Recipe Management (PDM), from project scoping through tech transfer. Ensures data is entered accurately, according to Gold Standard and in a timely manner. Anticipates and communicates potential timing issues and creates a solution with project team.
- Participates in PDM scoping discussions enabling R&D to plan projects accordingly. Ensures adequate scopings have occurred prior to executing work.
- Understands the basic connections between Recipe Management (PDM) and the Clorox Production environment (SAP R3) and its impact on new projects. Utilize this knowledge to assist in scoping sessions, manage expectations with R&D partners and otherwise drive to correct Recipe management set-ups.
- Participates on PDM Steering Team and ensures R&D community is adhering to latest business processes during PDM project work, including Gold Standards and routings..
- Identify data accuracy issues and work with other COE members to determine best solution to ensure consistency.
- Associate degree or higher
- Computer skills: STRONG SAP or similar ERP experience, Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with SAP Recipe Management system, including authoring knowledge and in-depth searching.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience developing and implementing manufacturing standards in SAP-PDM (or similar system) with a thorough understanding of product data management in alignment with ERP systems and compliance.
- Completes work accurately and completely with high attention to detail.
- Tracks project requirements (data and timing) and communicates potential issues (missing data, slipping timelines) to team when appropriate.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources (SAP, recipe management, etc.) and drive to accurate data to be communicated to outside sources.
- Readily responds to shifting project priorities and manages fluctuating project load.
- Acts as "first line of defense” with respect to product data – follows current business processes and best practices, communicates requirements to scientists – to ensure accuracy and compliance.
Client experience is preferred (consumer package goods business), cosmetics, any consumer goods
- Communication skills are very important and crucial to this role when working with multiple scientists
- Someone with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Open to different levels of experience. Does not have to be a senior person
- Fit in Clorox Culture – approachable, friendly, highly ethical, respectful
- Summer hours: Mon-Thurs 8-5pm & only 4 hours remotely on Friday's (Mon-Fri starting 8/30)