New Product Design
Job Role and Summary
New Product Design – Designer provides additional collateral to help finalize color and design of new flooring, wall and decorative products. To create and develop a presentation on materials to be referenced during product development and review stages. To sign off on color choices to ensure they are on trend, compatible with the “whole house”. They ensure that the final colors and designs will meet demands in the new home construction sphere.
A. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide collateral materials to enable coordination with the product we supply – On Trend: paint colors, countertops, cabinets, wood, LVP, carpet samples, etc.
2. Collaborate with the Product Development (PD) in creating and developing the right looks for the marketplace.
3. Look out for new trends in design and consolidating ideas for action by (PD).
4. Make a portfolio of presentation designs and explain concept purpose to (PD) - i.e. collage, idea board
5. Confirm final colors and designs PRIOR to production – sign off
6. Continuing to bring new fresh ideas to (PD)
7. Time: TBD – dependent on needs [PD to determine]
1. Must be knowledgeable about presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint
2. Must be proficient in interior design with an emphasis on new home construction.
3. Must understand prices of flooring, wall and decorative products in relation to new home construction levels.
4. Must be highly creative and innovative
5. Must possess analytical, technical, and strategic thinking skills
6. Must have outstanding organizational and time-management skills
7. Must have exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
8. Ability to work with a tight schedule in a fast-paced and stressful environment
9. Must possess remarkable interpersonal and customer service skills
10. Must possess exemplary written and verbal communication skills and excellent listening skills
11. Must be flexible and can adapt quickly to changes
12. Is highly reliable, driven, and responsible
1. A degree in graphic design, fine arts, or any related field is highly required
2. A valid software program certification is a must
3. Must have at least a minimum of three to five years of working experience as a presentation designer
4. Be able to influence and get alignment through customer engagement
5. Must have a good reputation and design contacts
6. Must be willing to work any hours including nights, weekends, and holidays to get the job done
The Emser Tradition of Excellence Comes From its People…
Since its establishment in 1968, Emser Tile has become the leading supplier of the world’s finest tile and natural stone. Through our international production network and product development expertise, we offer myriad of possibilities that help retailers, contractors, homebuilders, commercial builders, architects & designers bring their ideas to life. Although Emser has grown rapidly, our on-going dedication to outstanding quality and service remains the hallmark of our success.
Emser is always seeking knowledgeable, career-minded professionals to become a part of our team and help drive our growth and expansion into new and existing markets. When it comes to challenging and rewarding career opportunities, Emser is the place to be!
As an Emser employee, you will enjoy healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care. Your financial well-being will be supported through our 401(k) plan. Moreover, we offer a challenging & rewarding professional work environment. Emser’s employee benefits package also includes:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
Emser provides ongoing opportunities for professional training, and encourages internal advancement and mobility.