Arhaus is seeking a highly creative, trend driven Product Developer/Creative Category Merchant with expertise in Fashion, Furniture or Home Décor. At Arhaus, the Product Developer is accountable for developing and leading a product strategy and roadmap, including developing the brand aesthetic, defining and refining existing product assortments, and effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to grow revenue and align with the financial, merchandising, and company strategies.
- Lead and develop product strategy to grow revenue and achieve business goals. You will be the ultimate business owner of financials and performance for respective categories.
- Develop business strategies outlining strengths, weaknesses, new opportunities and threats.
- Communicate annual and seasonal strategies to leadership and internal and external teams. Develop growth plans by vendor and category.
- Develop exclusive branded product that meets company requirements for design, execution and value.
- Perform market analysis, competitive shop and analyze sales trends to keep abreast of current trends. Identify emerging trends.
- Lead design aesthetics by traveling domestically and internationally to discover trends and ensure the brand continues to propel forward and remains ahead of the curve.
- Lead and partner cross functionally to ensure communication and process flow between teams is mutually supportive.
- Direct manufacturing partners on product sourcing, materials and manufacturing techniques to ensure product meets our critical mix of design, execution and value.
- Initiate and partner with cross-functional teams to execute and drive assortment strategy and profitability.
- Lead and manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth and performance. Hold teams accountable to expectations, deadlines, and processes to ensure the team is operating with greatest efficiency.
- 5+ years Buying, Product Development, or Interior Design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Advanced Excel skills required and familiarity with AutoCAD or InDesign a plus.
- Highly creative with an ability to identify and react to trends
- Proven track record in product development and sourcing
- Strong financial acumen with accountability to results
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to communicate with executive level
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to influence partners and peers
- Must have an interest in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Domestic and international Travel required
- Benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Career growth opportunities