United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Adhesive Technologies
Product Development Co-Op - Spring 2021
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Become a part of our product development (PD) team and work under the direction of senior scientists to carry out adhesive PD activities, researching prior arts, generating innovative ideas, and turning the ideas into cost-effective products
- Support and complete product development projects to grow our electronics adhesives business
- Expand your skills in chemistry, polymer material characterization, experimental design, data analysis, result interpretation and reporting
- Apply your knowledge in chemistry, polymers, and material science to adhesive product design and formulation for electronics component and device assembly applications
- Collaborate with global colleagues in cross-functional teams to support global customers and commercialize products.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD program in chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, material science or related discipline OR have completed your studies no more than 6 months prior to the start of the internship, with a GPA of 3.2
- Strong chemistry laboratory skills, ability of problem solving, proficiency in computer skills such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Safe laboratory practices, chemical handling and disposal
- Clear written and verbal communication. Collaborative teamwork
- Self-motivated, hands-on, ambitious, and entrepreneurial
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Limited Term
Contact information for application-related questions:
Product Development Engineer