Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is the largest 100% employee owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters stability, innovation, professional and personal growth and loyalty. We want you to come and be a part of our employee owner team!
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
CP Fresh is our fresh food processing and value-added division. At CP Fresh we make heathy, fresh food items as well as value-added fresh cut fruit and vegetables for use in a wide base of our retail and foodservice customers. CP Fresh was established in 2016 and is now a growing innovative leader in the fresh food world. We are looking for a dynamic & creative team oriented person to help us grow!
Looking for an innovative and creative individual to create new and seasonal healthy ready-to-eat and kit form products. This creative individual will interact with our sales team as well as customer culinary professionals as well as Chefs, while developing new and seasonal items.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Determines customers' needs and wants by defining the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Maintains product information for company usage which includes but is not limited to; nutritional facts, product labels, marketing materials, and special requests.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales managers to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with merchandisers and sales reps to evaluate customer needs.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, special reports, and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development needs.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation after 1-year
- 90-day wiating period for paid holidays
- 50% Subsidized ORCA Pass
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 3-5 years’ experience in a culinary role; preferably in a restaurant.
- Must understand commercial development.
- Product production costing experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of accomplishments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) / Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to each customer location with some overnight travel.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Clean driving record and proof of insurance.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.